Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Etsy Hop Challenge #3

Time for the 3rd challenge. This time Lindsay has the challenge for you. And it was a tough one! She's going to be giving out a prize pack from Paper Makeup so make sure you play along because Katie's stamps are amazing!!!! I used them to make a 2nd card for this challenge since they are the sponsor...and cause they are fun....and they're new....and I just love to stamp.



The challenge is to create a card with just cardstock and embellishments....no printed paper!!!! So on both cards I decided to make my own. The first card featuring Gina K. Designs stamps I used the Burned Batik technique to create the leafy panel under the main image. You can find the directions for this technique here on SCS so I won't go into too many details on it. I used Certainly Celery and Mellow Moss for my 2 inks. All the images are from Gina K. Designs "Tropical Flowers" stamp set. For the main image I used 2 different techniques on the flowers. For the solid type flower I used the "Rock n Roll" technique with Apricot Appeal and Pumpkin Pie. For the other I used the thumping technique with Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie and More Mustard Stampin' Write Markers. I used Mellow Moss classic ink for the stems and leaves. I sponged Apricot Appeal around the edges. The ribbon is the white organdy ribbon from Stampin' Up!



This is the 2nd card I made for this challenge using Paper Makeup Stamps. Aren't they cute! Today I'm feeling like the bug....instead of the windshield like a few days ago.

The set is "Buggy Sayings". I stamped the splat and the bumblebee onto the Certainly Celery layer to create my own DP. I added a few splotches to the sentiment layer and covered them with Crystal Effects for some shine.


Remember to leave a link to your project at Lindsay's blog in order to be eligible to win the prize pack before midnight PST on Tuesday, Mar. 3rd. And don't forget to stop by the other DT member's blogs and leave them some love.

See you in an hour for the next challenge!!!!

Hugs,
Shannon

Floral Card Details.....
Stamps: "Tropical Flowers" by Gina K. Designs
Paper: Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Mellow Moss
Ink: Mellow Moss, Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie,
Accessories: White Organdy ribbon, Stampin' Write Markers, detail clear EP, spritzer

Bug Card Details.....
Stamps: "Buggy Sayings" by Paper Makeup
Paper: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Clip Assortment by Stampin' Up!, Certainly Celery twill ribbon, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects

No comments: