Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #20

It's Wednesday again!! Happy Hump Day!!!

And that means it's time for another Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge. This week we have Valerie Salmon as our guest designer, and she created a FAB sketch for us to use. I really do hope you're able to play along this week!!! The sketch was so much fun to work with and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

We all know how talented Valerie Salmon and how much we enjoy her column in Scrapbook etc.. Magazine every month. We have all seen the little flyers at JoAnn Fabric from fiskar featuring Valerie's gorgeous lay out..

Also at Micheal's the lay out featured on top for K & CO as examples are from Valerie as well.

Valerie Salmon has created this wonderful card sketch. The Design Team are eager to share how they interpereted the sketch. We invite you to paticipate in this challenge with us and have fun with the sketch.

Where: Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot.com
When: February 25th, 2009 8.30 am EST the sketch will be reveal
Deadline: Please link your card no later than March 3rd in Mr linky

Who:Valerie Salmon will pick her favorite card out of the submission.

We can't wait to see your submission.

Since my finger is now throbbing from typing I'm going to keep this short. Make sure you hop over to the Cuttlebug Challenge blog to check out what the other DT members have created and play along with us.

Details
Stamps: "Tropical Flowers" by Gina K Designs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: "Black Velvet Touch" by Paper Temptress, Kraft cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, black and white DP by DCWV
Accessories: Arch Lattice border punch by MS, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, Prima flowers, Linen thread, "Textile" and "Swiss Dots" Cuttelbug Embossing folders, "Flowers and Vines #2" Sizzex die

Hugs,
Shannon

18 comments:

Allison said...

lovely card, love the ribbon
AllisonX

BettyBee said...

Shannon, great interpretation of the sketch! I love the soft background with the Tropical Flowers, and the border contrast. Very nice!!

Lea L. said...

This is so elegant and pretty!! I just love the border punch you used...it is gorgeous!! Lovely job with the sketch this week!

~Lea

cardcrazy said...

Just beautiful! I love this colour combo, great job!
Peggy

Karen said...

Love all the black and white Shannon! The arch lattice border works fantastic with the card sketch! Beautiful work!

Mrs J said...

Shannon, this is a gorgeous, elegant creation! I love the colour combo and the stamped tropical flowers are just beautiful! The border looks so effective too - I've got to get my hands on some Martha Stewart border punches, it's just they cost a fortune by the time they make it over here to the UK!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Eva said...

Shannon, this is gorgeous!!! Love your colors, your flowers and love that Martha punch...what a gorgeous take on the sketch! I hope your finger will feel better soon!!! Hugs! Eva

JennK said...

Great job as alway's!!

Christine said...

I love the color palette you chose for this project! It's elegant, and so is your card...the border punch is one of my favorites! Wonderful take on the sketch!

KimmyS said...

I love it that we used the same embossing folder for our cards.
Wonderful project Shannon

laos348 said...

Very pretty - I really like that color combination.

Alison Anderson said...

I like these colors! Your cards are always so sophisticated!

Frogwoman said...

That is a lovely card. I agree that the color choice is very sophisticated. I need to use it in a card soon.

~*Joni said...

Take care of your finger Shannon! Your sample card is beeeeautiful! I saw the sketch this morning and was so intimidated by it. I love your style, this card came out absolutely gorgeous, thank goodness you are part of the CB DT and can't enter. LOL! ;)

Becky said...

Very elegant, loving these colors.

Gramrussell said...

Reaaly nice work. TFS the CB blog. I haven't been there before and I was impressed. I signed up for the email.

Ashley said...

Lovely card Shannon! I love the colors!

Amber said...

Beautiful card Shannon! It is so elegant. I LOVE the lattice border punch, must buy one of these for myself:)
Hugs
Amber