Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #19

-- Second post of the day....scroll down for the Belli Challenge post --


This week's Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge was to emboss acetate. I thought up a couple different ideas for this one, but settled on this card in order to really focus on the embossing. The only stamping is on the tag since the paper itself is so busy I didn't want to add to it. The acetate creates a window to the inside of the card.


Come visit us at Cuttlebug Challenges and play along this week. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!



Details
Stamps: "Tag Lines" by Gina K. Designs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: "Ambrosia" by Basic Grey, Basic Black, acetate
Accessories: Ribbon Tag Trio die by Spellbinders, More Mustard grosgrain ribbon, "Birds and Swirls" Cuttlebug Embossing Folder


Hugs,


Shannnon

17 comments:

Allison said...

love seeing how we all came up with different things- fab card
AllisonX

JennK said...

I just love that paper!! It is one of my absolute favs!! Great idea making a window with your embossed acetate. This was a fun challenge.

Karen said...

Love you beautiful card Allison! The Basic Grey papers look fantastic with the acetate!

cardcrazy said...

This is just so pretty! I love what you did with the acetate!
Peggy

Mrs J said...

The acetate window looks so effective Shannon, and I just love that BG paper (note to self, must buy some!). Great card!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Lea L. said...

Very pretty- I love that background paper with the embossed vines peeking through the middle! Great job!

~Lea

Frogwoman said...

I love the DP. Pretty card.

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty...love the colors and the BG paper....sooo AWESOME!!!

Eva said...

Ohhh..this looks awesome and yeah, I love that BG paper, too and just a great overall job with the challenge!

Captain Scrappy said...

Love the butterfly paper! What a neat card!

KimmyS said...

Shannon - this is gorgeous!!!

Courtney said...

Oh, WOW!

Cassie said...

this is gorgeous! love the paper and the focus on the embossing!

Lisa Phillippi said...

Very Cool Idea! Gorgeous card!

Amber said...

Beautiful card Shannon! I always love to see what you make each week!
Hugs
Amber

Becky said...

I love this paper, and love how you did the embossing, gorgeous card.

spikescreativeside said...

I like the way you kept the embossing as the focal point and using the black behind it for hightlight. That BG paper too works well with it all!

Hugs

~Spike