This week's Be Inspired Challenge was to create a shaped card. I decided to make a wine bottle to use as an invitation to a party. How perfect would this be for a cocktail party, or a wine and cheese party? Or what about making the bottle look like ketchup or mustard for a summer BBQ?
The card is super simple to create too.
Cuttlebug (or Big Shot)
6" x 7" piece of CS for the bottle (I used Stampin' Up!'s new Taste of Textiles paper)
2" x 2-5/8" piece of CS for the label (I used Paper Tempress's Deckled Brockway in White)
Scrap of copper shimmer paper
2 - 2" x 3" piece of CS for the larger oval and embellishment to match the bottle
2" x 3" piece of CS for the smaller oval to match the label
I also added a piece of white paper inside the card to add party details.
"Sincere Salutations" stamp set by Stampin' Up!
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain
Classic Oval Nestabilities by Spellbinders
"Symbology" Shapeabilities by Spellbinders
1) Print the template from http://www.houseofstirfry.com/chia/templates/wine.html. I printed it as a 5X7 picture, which makes the card approx. 2-3/4" x 6-1/4".
2) Fold the CS for the bottle in half lengthwise so your paper is 3" x 7".
3) Cut out and trace the template onto the CS, then cut out the shape. Rub/Sponge "Walnut Stain" ink around the edges.
4) To make the label, score 1 line at the top of the label and 2 lines 1/4" apart at the bottom using a Scor-Pal
5) To make the foil topper, take your copper paper (at least 2" long) and trace the top of the bottle onto it. Cut out the shape and add score lines to resemble where the bottle would widen at the top using a Scor-Pal. Rub front with distress ink
6) Using the Nestabilities, cut 2 ovals (one the size larger) for the "You're Invited" label. If using the Cuttlebug the sandwich is ... A plate, C plate, Spellbinders Die ridge up, cardstock, B plate. If using the Big Shot the sandwich is ... Multi-purpose platform with both tabs down, cutting plate, 1 shim if needed since each machine is a little different, die cutting ridge up, cardstock, cutting plate.
7) Stamp "You're Invited" onto the white smaller oval.
8) To make the embellishment run the "Symbology" die thru with the same paper you used for the bottle. Use the same sandwiches as above. Before removing it from the die, lightly sponge on "Walnut Stain" ink.
9) Assemble. The oval sentiment is set up on mini dots for dimension.
Make sure you drop by the other DT members blogs and leave them some love after checking out their inspiration for you. Then go to the Cuttlebug Challenges Blog and use Mr. Linky to link us to your creation. Can't wait to see what you come up with for this great challenge!