Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #17


The Be Inspired challenge for this week at Cuttlebug Challenges Blog is to create a card or project inspired by "Love".


I created this card. Kinda says "Love". The DP is "Bittersweet" by Basic Grey. I LOVE this paper! In fact I'm almost out and need to get more. I ran each piece thru the Big Shot with different Cuttlebug Embossing Folders. I used the "D-vine Swirl" on the largest piece, "Swiss Dot on the frame piece for the main image, and "Floral Screen" on the strip. I sanded very lightly on the background piece to pop the swirls and sponged on Tim Holtz Distress Ink in "Antigue Linen".


The main image is the swirl from Stampin' Up!'s "Baroque Motifs" set inked in Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Walnut Stain". The hearts are from "What's Up Cupcake" by My Favorite Things. Then I sponged it with "Anitque Linen" and "Walnut Stain" around the edges keeping the center light. I added the white highlights with a roller ball pen by Inkssentials. I also added paper piercing to the corners and zig-zag stitching to the strip and frame.


Details
Stamps: "Baroque Motifs" by Stampin' Up!, "What's Up Cupcake" by My Favorite Things
Ink: Riding Hood Red and Pirouette Pink by Stampin' Up!, Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks
Paper: "Bittersweet" by Basic Grey
Accessories: Prima flower, "Bittersweet" button by Basic Grey, metal hardware from Joann's, Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon, paper piercer, sewing machine


Hugs,
Shannon

18 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh WOW! This is fabulous.

Eveline said...

What a beautiful card.
Eveline.

Allison said...

beautiful Shannon
AllisonX

Joanne Travis said...

This is so beautiful, I love that Baroque Motifs.

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

So pretty, Shannon! I love it!

Hugs, Becky

Karen said...

Gorgeous and I so love that BG Bittersweet line too! Love the antique look and that little charm just tops it off!!

Beth said...

Beautiful Shannon

Cindy said...

just beautiful!!

Mrs J said...

This is beautiful Shannon! Gorgeous papers and the stamp and distressing are divine! Congratulations by the way on your spotlight article - so well deserved!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Eva said...

Shannon, this is such a gorgeous card!!!

Moni said...

oh... what a elegant card.. so beautiful..

kshand said...

Love the swirl on the front and the little lock & key....they are the perfect touch :) Wonderful card!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Just lovely! Everything; the design, colors, paper and all the lovely details!

Lisa Phillippi said...

I just love that antique elegance quality. Just beautiful!

Amber said...

Shannon your card is beautiful! I'm always anxious to see what your gonna make each week:)
Hugs
Amber

Dragon said...

I just LOVE the whole feel of this one... so well balanced and the colours are scrummy... what an inspiration
Frankie
xx

Alison said...

So elegent love the swirl its on my wishlist. A beautiful card, love it.

Karen Sullivan said...

Very, very pretty. I love this stamp set ... so much you can do with it. Love your color scheme and layout. Embellies are the icing on the cake.