Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Target Mailbox

I've heard about these mailboxes all week or so at SCS, so while I was at Target today picking up some househould essentials....toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels, etc.....I picked up 7 of these little cuties! And of course I couldn't wait to get home and alter one of them. I used Emily's tutorial as a starting point on how to get around that little flag with the paper. I used "Sugared" paper by Basic Grey. The top piece is 6" x 4" and the bottom pieces are 3" x 4". Then I placed the punched paper right along where the two meet. I used my brand new Cuttlebug folders for the embossing on the front and the back. And the challenge this week at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog was to sand the embossing, so that's what I did to really get it to pop. The little hearts are Provo Craft dies and are up on Mini Pop Dots. Aren't they adorable? And they coordinate perfectly with the embossing folders and the paper.
Here's a look at the back. Again, I sanded the embossing to really make those lips and the XOXO stand out. Then I added a personal touch by signing it at the bottom.
I'll be back tomorrow with the matching cards.
Details
Stamps: None....can you believe it???
Paper: "Sugared" by Basic Grey
Accessories: Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Martha Stewart "Arch Lattice" edge punch, Cuttlebug "I Love You" embossing folders and "Heart #1" dies, Scor-Tape to hold it all together, Mini Pop Dots

Hugs,
Shannon

6 comments:

Susan said...

Really sweet. Perfect for Vday.

Rosie Lilya said...

OMGoodness! It is super cute- they never have any when I go! May have to try tomorrow :)

Ann said...

This is just amazing - I love it.

Ann xxx

Allison said...

what a great box, love the colours
thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Frogwoman said...

Your mailbox is adorable! Wendy

emilymomto3boys said...

oh those are so cute! I love that first one!!