Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

SNSS Release Party Challenges

These are the 3 cards I created for the SNSS Release Party last night. I don't have any SNSS stamps yet, so I just used what I had.

Technique Challenge - Paper Tole

I had to dig deep to find this stamp set. It's the retired "On Gossamer Wings" set from Stampin' Up! I stamped the image first onto the oval cutout and colored it with my Prismacolor Markers. Then I stamped the flowers again onto So Saffron CS, added details with my markers, clear embossed it, then cut out all the petals. Ugh! My hands hurt after all the cutting. The petals are then mounted up on Stampin' Dimensionals. The main focal point medallion is also up on mini pop dots. I used cuttlebug folders for both the Bravo Burgandy CS and the So Saffron CS. Here's a better look at the 3-D look the popped up tole flowers give you.
Details
Stamps: "Pocket Silhouettes" by Stampin' Up!, "On Gossamer Wings" retired by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black , Handsome Hunter, Versamark
Paper: So Saffron, Handsome Hunter, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Clear Detail EP, Hodgepodge Hardware, Sm Oval Punch, Classic and Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Pop Dots, Swiss Dots and Argyle Cuttlebug Folders

I wanted to keep this one simple since that's kinda how the sketch felt to me. Don't really know why but it did. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado and was one of the many sentiments I got in those sets they offered at Costco before the holidays. The paper is Basic Grey. I'm lovin' that paper if you can't tell.....I use it on almost all of my cards these days it seems. Added the brads and the paper flowers and the ribbon and called it a day.

Details
Stamps: Sentiment by Inkadinkado
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: "Ambrosia" by Basic Grey, Basic Black
Accessories: Black Satin Ribbon, Prima Flowers, Hero Arts Art Flowers, Vintage Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

This one was one that I had to think about for awhile. The colors to use were black, grey, pink, white and red. Not colors I'm very used to using. Just not much of a pink girl....unless it's paired with a yummy chocolate brown or something like that. So, I managed to come up with this. It's ok I guess....not one of my better cards though. The DSP is Bella Rose by Stampin' Up!. I used the Top Note die to cut out the main image. I sponged on Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose around the edges getting lighter in the middle. Then I stamped the flowers in those same colors, stamping multiple times each inking to get an illusion of depth. I put the whole thing together and looked at it and thought it needed something more.
So, I painted Candle Light Shimmerz over the Top Note Diecut and edged it with Diamond Stickles. When it was all dry it was all wavy, as you can see in the pic from the bottom, which gave it some more dimension that I wasn't expecting.
Details
Stamps: "
My Cuppa Joe" by Rupa Shevde for Gina K. Designs, "Tropical Flowers" by Gina K. Designs
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Going Grey, Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose
Accessories:
Candle Light Shimmerz, Diamond Stickles, Top Note Bigz Die, Black and white Grosgrain ribbon, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder

Hugs,
Shannon


2 comments:

Susan said...

You did a really nice job with both the color challenge and the tole challenge on card one.

The combo of the stripes and 3D flower on card two are so interesting.

I like how you did an allover design on the top note in #3.

Suzy said...

Your cards are so beautiful - just had to drop by to tell you how stunning they are!
Suzy