Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sending you Sunshine

Well, I don't actually have any to give, but if someone wouldn't mind sharing a bottle of their's I would appreciate it.

I created this card with my brand spanking new MFT stamps for their Guest Designer Challenge. The challenge was to create a one layer card. Yep, that's right....card base only. Embellies are allowed though. I choose to do an embossing resist technique inside of the nesties embossed rectangle. I colored her and the pup with my Prismacolor Markers. The card measures 4-1/4" square.



Details


Stamps "By the Seashore" by My Favorite Things
Paper: 120lb Pure Luxury CS
Ink: Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, More Mustard, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Stampin' Sponges, Versamark Pen, Clear Detail EP, Little Yellow bead, Prismacolor Markers



Hugs,
Shannon

9 comments:

Susan said...

One layer cards are the hardest for me. But you really pulled it off. I love the coloring you did in the background and how you embossed the image section to draw attention to it. Great sentiment too.

Sharon said...

The sky line is super looking!

Samantha said...

Wow that's an awesome job you did! Great rendering!

Amber said...

Love this card and the colors. You did a great job with this challenge!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely coloring and lovely card! Would send you some "sunshine" but we haven't seen enough to capture it in a bottle. Gray dreary days, but NO SNOW so I shouldn't complain.

Becky said...

This card turned out beautiful. Love the coloring done on this.

Jackie said...

Very pretty card and love your coloring! great job!!!

laos348 said...

I like the embossed rectangle around the image. It gives the card great depth.

Stefanie said...

Beautiful masking job Shannon! Congratulations on your win!