Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Pieced Bombshell

I created this card for Gina K's "You Want a Piece of Me?" challenge. It was so much fun giving this Bombshell Angel a cute outfit made from printed paper by Basic Grey. What I did first was to stamp her onto 120lb CS using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
Then I took a blender pen and removed the ink from the bottom of her original outfit that ran across her legs.
Then stamped her onto the red paper in the Ambrosia pack from Basic Grey.
I re-inked a portion of her and stamped onto the striped paper to create her top.
Then, very carefully I cut out her pants from the red.....
And her top from the striped paper. Here I cut the top a bit longer, more of a tunic length, because I didn't know if I wanted to go short or long yet.
I adhered her pants onto the original image with SNAIL adhesive.
Cut the top down a bit more and adhered that as well. I also cut a flower for her hair from the red paper as well and popped that up with a pop dot.
And here is is all finished on the card. I used my Prismacolor Markers to color her skin and hair and to add some shadows.
Details
Stamps: "Bombshell Angel" by Bombshell Stamps
Paper: Summer Sun, Riding Hood Red, 120lb Pure Luxury CS, Ambrosia paper by Basic Grey
Accessories: Flowers by Prima and Hero Arts, Rhinestone brad, Self-adhesive rhinestone, photo corners by We R Memory Keepers, Mini Pop Dots

10 comments:

Stampin' the Good Life said...

VERY cool!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

great tutorial on the paper piecing!

Cheryl Walker said...

very pretty!!! I love paper piecing as well, its fun, you did a great job!!!

Susan said...

Great photo tutorial. Neat idea to give her a different outfit.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super card and great tutorial. Your card is terrific! What a fun image.

Ellie said...

How cool and creative! Love your card!

HeathersHobby said...

Very cute card and AWESOME directions.

Ann said...

Ooooh, sexy! ;) Love the paper piecing!

Melanie said...

this is such a fun stamp! good tip about removing the black ink with a blender pen! :)

GlitteryKatie said...

FAntastic card- she's a real 50's babe! :O)