Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

OCC Challenge 1-10-09

Today's OCC challenge is a color challenge....2 shades of blue and a neutral. So, I reached behind me, and pulled out my favorite Melanie set "A Year of Flowers" and got to work. (BTW...did you see I've been given the honor of being a guest designer for her????) While I really like the focal point layer, I'm not really digging the color for the background. It just seems off to me.....especially in the picture.
I watercolored the flowers with Brilliant Blue and Bashful Blue ink and water and a paintbrush. I colored the centers and the leaves with my Prismacolor markers. Note to self: they do not blend like normal on Naturals Ivory paper. I added some diamond Stickles to the flower centers for a little bit of bling.

Details
Stamps: "A Year of Flowers" and "Say it with flowers" by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K. Designs.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Always Artichoke
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Hardware from We R Memory Keepers, Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, Top Note Die, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder


And I'd like to go on record again.....I'M DONE WITH WINTER!!!!!! I already shoveled 3"+ this morning and there's easily another 3" out there again. OMG....when is this going to stop?


On another note....my postal carrier likes me today!!!!! He dropped off my new MFT stamps. I just had to get "Maid for You" after seeing the previews at the release party. And I even got "Twisted Sentiments" to go with it. I can't wait to use these 2 sets on a card for a certain someone. Love Song So, I'll be playing here all day watching the snow fall outside....and silently curing to myself that I'm the one that's going to have to shovel it all.


Hugs,
Shannon

8 comments:

Heather said...

How pretty! I love your ribbon and slide detail!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous shading on your flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Shannon :) Sorry to hear about all of the snow you have been getting! The foot we got doesn't even seem to compare! Stay warm!

LOVE your card and awesome design! Thanks for playing along with the OCC! Hugs, Jennifer :)

Susan said...

I really like how you used the top note to create the edge for your stamping. Such pretty blues.

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beautiful card! Sorry to hear you have had so much snow, I know how you feel. Lovely to look at but that's it! Glad I live in MD where we don't get a lot, actually none is fine with me. The older I get the less I like winter, so glad we moved to the suburbs from the country 4 yrs. ago.

Hang in there!

Tina said...

Such a beautiful balance of color and hope! JOY!

xiumaiyuki said...

Another beautiful card! I can't wait to see what you'll make with Melanie's new set!!! I just got this set and will probably case this if you don't mind. Just gorgeous!!!