Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

More Crush!!!

Don't forget about my blog candy for Cards 4 Kids in this post here.

I lost my mojo last night...I think my brain was just tired. So I decided to finish up a few more challenges today.

The first one I did was #5, The Four Somethings....something old, something new, something borrowed (or gifted) and something blue. And this is what I came up with. The stamps and DP are new. The ribbon, flower, and paper are blue. The hardware was a gift from my sister at Christmas. And I couldn't figure out what to use for old, since most of my supplies are new....so I went over to my great-gransmother's button jar and grab a tiny ivory button out and tied it on with linen thread.

I paper pieced her outfit and sponged Baja Breeze ink onto an ivory flower to get the right color for it.

Tip of the day....stop fiddling with a card once you've put Stickles on it or you will put your hand into it while it's still wet!!!!!


Details
Stamps: "
Our Love" and "Comfy Valentine" by H&M Stamps

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze
Paper: Very Vanilla, "
Urban Prairie" by Basic Grey, Textured Basic Black CS
Accessories: Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, Baja Breeze double-stitched grosgrain,
hardware from We R Memory Keepers, Bazzill paper flower, Turquoise Stickles


This is the 2nd one I've finished up today for #4, the "Hope Chest" challenge. It's an A2 size box perfect for giving card sets as gifts to all your loved ones.

I kept it pretty simple and it went together really fast! Made the box out of double sided printed cardstock, wrapped a ribbon around it and attached a tag. And I'm good to go. Maybe I'll actually sit down one of these days and make some cards for inside the box.
Details
Stamps: "
A Lot of Thanks" by H&M Stamps
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red
Paper: DP acquired at Michael's
Accessories: tag, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, red grosgrain ribbon

The third card for today was for #6, "Chocolate Box of Love" challenge. I was inspired by the colors, the mosiac look and the swirl patterns.

Details
Stamps: "By the Seashore" by My Favorite Things, swirls by Inkadinkado
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: "D'vine Swirl" Cuttlebug folder, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, orange tile


Here's the 4th card of the day....created for #7, "Where the Heart Is" challenge. We were supposed to pick a romantic movie for inspiration. Can you guess what movie I picked?
Yep, "Breakfast at Tiffany's". Pretty obvious, huh? The card is 4.25" square. I embossed the rectangle with my nestabilities, stamped the ring in Encore! silver and added some Diamond Stickles to the Diamond.
Details
Stamps: "Mini Mates" retired Stampin' Up!, "Our Love" by H&M Stamps
Ink: Encore! Silver, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: 120lb Pure Luxury CS by Gina K. Designs
Accessories: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Diamond Stickles, lt. blue grosgrain ribbon

5 comments:

Becky said...

love the paper piece the colors are gorgeous.

Ashley said...

All of your projects are wonderful! I love the Breakfast at Tiffany's card!

~*Joni said...

Congratulations Shannon on your CB DT!!! :D You deserve it, all of your cards are beautiful. The lighthouse is so pretty, it looks like a painting. There is no possible way someone like you ever loses mojo!! ;)

Heidi said...

Love the treasure chest!

Donna said...

LOVE that pj set & card with the glittery hem! the card box is sweet too. love the other 2 cards too! how fun