Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Inspired by Melanie

Melanie had an inspiring tutorial today on her blog and created a really wonderful card with the cut out image on the side. She's also giving away a box of Copic markers to someone, so signup to follow her blog. I guarantee you will not be disappointed as her work is amazing! All day I've been thinking about how to do that but with a card that was a tri-fold. Well, let's just say it took WAY too long to figure out how to go about getting it to work. Maybe my brain was just fried. But I finally got it all figured out. The card measures 5-1/2" x 10-1/8" when open flat. When folded up it's a standard 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". I colored the flowers with my Prismacolor Markers....trying to get the same look as Melanie achieved with her Copics but I just don't think I managed it very well.

Here's what it looks like open. I know....I skipped ahead a few holidays but it just seemed to fit for me. The area for your personal greeting is completly covered when the card is closed. The ribbon hides where I stamped the stems again to lengthen them.


Details
Stamps: "A Year of Flowers" by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K. Designs, "All-Year Cheer I" by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: 120lb Pure Luxury CS, Barely Banana, Old Olive
Accessories: Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, sharp craft knife, Prismacolor Markers


Hugs,
Shannon

10 comments:

Alfred Gallardo said...

Beautiful Card. By looking at your results I think I may be getting some primacolors.

laos348 said...

That is gorgeous. I haven't tried this technique yet but always love the results when I see it done.

Theresa said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Looks great with the lilies, too!

Melanie said...

ZOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I love it!! LOVE the trifold and the colors!!! that lily bundle is just breathtaking!!

you are fabulous!! :)

Becky said...

This is a beautiful card, love the folds, and the flower is gorgeous.

Pink Camo's Creative Place said...

oh I love this card, it is amazing!

Heidi said...

this is really pretty! From another Michigan crafter!

Kentucky Paper Kreations said...

Wow! This is beautiful!!

Robin

Susan said...

What a nice card and a neat technique.

Angie said...

This is so incredibly beautiful. Congratulations on winning Melanie's sentiment contest, you deserve it!