Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

I won.....

Don't forget about my blog candy in the Cards 4 Kids post here.

Ashley's Etsy Challenge #19.....

I'm thrilled because I live for the water. I collect lighthouses (ok, not the real thing) but I love all things lighthouse related. And I have several prints already in home that are lighthouse or water or beach related. And this print by Equivoque will fit in perfectly!!!!

Here's the card I made for that challenge. I originally was going to toss the background in the trash because I wasn't liking it very much. Then as I was going to sleep 2 nights later the thought of putting the lighthouse over it on a vellum panel came to me....at like 1am!!!! I almost got outta bed right then and there to work on it.
See....there really are no mistakes in stamping, only opportunities.

Hugs,
Shannon

7 comments:

Merry said...

This is a stunning card.

spikescreativeside said...

Beautiful card Shannon! It turned out perfectly!

Hugs

laos348 said...

I am so glad you didn't get rid of the background - your card is absolutely stunning. The background is just perfect with the image!

Lydia said...

I love this!! THis belongs on my blue blog!!! :)

It's stunning. I'm glad you rescued it.

lynnephelps said...

I love this card! I also love the background. It looks like you masked with torn paper and sponge, is that right? I would love it if you could post some of the steps that went into creating it.

Ashley said...

I can't believe you almost threw this away! It is GORGEOUS! I love the background the most too!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Shannon, this is a beautiful card! The background is perfect as is your coloring!
Congrats on winning the challenge!