Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Hand-in-Hand" we can help others

This contest is now closed.....


There are a ton of amazing women in this world. One of which is Melanie. She's pulling together monthly "Hand-in-Hand" RAK requests. This month she's helping out one of her friend's mom's send 1000 Valentines to the Children's Hospital of Michigan for Cards 4 Kids. Yep....right here in Motown!!!!

Details are on Melanie's blog here....RAK Request. And she's combining this event with some blog candy, her newest release. I've seen it and it's FAB!!! But you have to incorporate her "Hand-in-hand" set to be in the running. Don't have it yet? Well, why not? Go here to buy it.

And don't worry, you don't have to have her set to send the cards....that's just a little something extra to get her candy. Pat is also offering up blog candy for this event. As are Julie and Jennifer.
Intersted in sending some cards to some deserving kids? and adults too? The hospital treats patients up to 21 years old. They need blank ones (basically no signatures from us) with envelopes or postcard type so that the kids can pick and then send them to other friends and family. Well then go get to stampin'!! Then email Julie's mom Pat at Mrsmiley6@aol.com and offer up some cards. She'll send you her address so you can pop them in the mail for her. If you don't want to do Valentine's that's fine....the kids need birthday, thank you, and sympathy cards as well. But you don't have too much time to sit there and think about this...just go stamp! Pat needs to have the cards in hand by Feb. 7th.

And since this is one of the local charities I support every year I'm going to add something to sweeten the deal!!! Leave me a comment here with a link to the card(s) on your blog or gallery that you'll be sending to Pat. And include a link back to here or to Melanie's blog or straight to Pat's so more people find out about this RAK and we generate more cards. You have until 11:59pmEST on Jan 21st to enter. I'll pick a random winner on the 22nd. Wanna know what the candy is??? How about Stampin' Up!'s Bitty Basics Stamp Set and a few other mystery goodies (ribbon, pearls, snaps, etc) I have sitting around my studio?
Now get outta here and go make some cards!!!!

I'm going to leave this post at the top for a day or two so make sure to scroll down for today's exciting news and more cards.

Hugs,
Shannon

8 comments:

Melanie said...

cool, Shannon thanks! You summed that up very nicely, i need to have you as my editor! LOL! Awesoem prize! :)

Cindy said...

I get started in the morning!

Debsg said...

What a lovely idea.

Cheryl Koskakura said...

Thanks for give out candy for this wonderful cause. I sent Pat 50 Plus this past week!
-Cher

http://stampingwithcher.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I've made Pat 18 cards, I'm gonna send them today! Thanks for the chance to win and congrats on winning my Etsy challenge!

lisa808 said...

I sent Pat three cards last week. Here are my SCS and blog links:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1189756?cat=500&ppuser=150659

http://craftingwithprincesslisa.blogspot.com/2009/01/cards-4-kids-challenge.html

Terri E. said...

I sent 30 or will send 30 tomorrow. Here is the link!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1198593?nocache=1

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Ashley said...

I'm totally dumb and forgot to leave you a link. http://hearthugsdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-had-to-share.html