Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gina K Designs January Challenge

This is the card I created for the Gina K. Designs "Keep it Clean" challenge for January. Of course now I have another idea for this rolling around in my head. Maybe I'll save that one for a bit later in the month. To keep it clean we were only allowed to add max. 2 layers to our base and 3 embellies and minimum DP. I used 1 layer of vellum and 1 ribbon. Pretty simple and clean. And I really love the way the vellum softens the look of the roses underneath.
I stamped the rose on the vellum with black Staz-On ink and the leaves in Always Artichoke. Then I colored on the backside so I didn't smear the image with my Prismacolor markers....Deco Pink and Blush Pink for the rose, Green Tea and Dk. Olive Green for the leaves. I also colored the 2 roses on the base with the same colors after stamping them in Memento Tuxedo Black.
Here's what the card base looks like under the vellum layer. I sponged Pink Pirouette ink around the edges as well.
Wanna play along? Go get your Gina K. Designs stamps out and "Keep it Clean"!!! Then join us over at SCS in the GKD Challenge Forum. There's a prize involved....now I know you're up for the challenge!

Details
Stamps: "A Year of Flowers" by Melanie Muenchinger and "So Grateful" by Rupa Shevde both for Gina K. Designs
Ink: Black Staz-On, Memento Tuxedo Black, Always Artichoke, Pink Pirouette
Paper: 120lb Pure Luxury CS, CS weight Vellum
Accessories: Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon

Hugs,
Shannon


6 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is elegance personified! I love it!
Chrissie

Maria Matter said...

Shannon, this is absolutely gorgeous! you're right the softness that the vellum gives the roses is spot on! Excellent!
Blessings, Maria

mitch1066 said...

LOVE THE VELLUM LOOK,VERY NICE!

Becky said...

This is just stunning.

Rosie Lilya said...

This is beautiful!

Jessica said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! I love the vellum layer, it adds just the right amount of softness.