Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Do you want a tweak?

One of my customers asked if I could tweak a card for her that she created really quick for a friend. And while the friend was thrilled to get a handmade card, she wasn't so thrilled with how it turned out and asked me to "tweak" it for her. I tried to keep the same design elements as she did on the front with the color scheme, Prima flower, leaves and gemstones.

This is her original card front.....

And this is my version. I added a Bazzil flower under the Prima flower for more size and impact. I also added texture to the base by using both the "Swiss Dots" and "Frills" Cuttlebug embossing folders. I didn't have the leaves she did, so I stamped them on using "A Year of Flowers" set by Gina K. Designs. I kept the same wording on the sentiment, but used a version by H&M Stamps. I then lined up the 3 rhinestones under the sentiment.

Here's her original inside. The only thing I see is "off" here is that it doesn't seem to match with the front of the card she created. (But I've gotta say....I want a pair of shoes like that!!)

Here's the inside I created. I kept the saying simple by using the "Say it with Flowers" set by Gina K. Designs and used the large daisy flower from "A Year of Flowers" colored with Prismacolor Markers to mimic the flower on the front of the card. The cardstock I used was Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink.

Do you have a card you're not quite thrilled with? One that you think would turn out better if a second set of eyes looked at it? If so, send your picture and supply list my way.

Each card tweaked is $5. You'll get your original card posted here on my blog along with my tweaked version and the supply list for it. Interested? Just click on the "Need a Tweak" button on the right hand side under the Cbox and send me the jpeg of your card along with the items you used.

Hugs,
Shannon

2 comments:

Becky said...

Girl this is just fabulous. I love what you did, I am loving the green in this, it is just gorgeous.

La'Diva said...

FABULOUS!!! JUST FABULOUS!!!

NEED A TWEAK IS A GOOD IDEA! (wink)