Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #16

Update...We are experiencing some technical difficulties today with the post on the Cuttlebug Challenges blog. Please hang in there while we get it corrected. The post is up now, but it looks like there are still a few bugs to be worked out, so if it's not there when you visit please come back again later to share your creation with us.

It's Cuttlebug Be Inspired Day!!!!! Are you excited? I sure am!!!! The challenge today is to make a distressed card. Come join in the fun at the Cuttlebug Challenges blog. Just make a distressed card with your 'Bug and link it to the post using good ol' Mr. Linky. The folks from Basic Grey will be supplying a prize pack, so go make your card!!! I started out running the red DP thru my Big Shot with the "D'vine Swirl" Cuttlebug Embossing folder. Then I crumpled it up, flatted it out and rubbed Walnut Stain distress ink over it with a stampin' sponge. For the brick wall I inked up the "Bricks Background" stamp with the Walnut Stain distress ink then stamped onto it with uninked leaves from the "Collage Images" sheet to remove ink. I repeated this in several locations. Then I stamped the DP. Then I crumpled it up and flattened it out. I then rubbed some Tea Stain distress ink over it.
The T-shirt is stamped with the Walnut Stain ink, cut out, and the edges rubbed with Antique Linen distress ink. I used my Prismacolor markers to add the shadowing. I added some hardware from We R Memory Keepers, and velvet ribbon from Flourishes.

Details
Stamps: "Little Tees" and "Tee Talk" by Mealanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs, "Bricks Background" and "Mixed Collage Images" by Staving Artistamps
Ink: Tim Holtz Distess Inks in Walnut Stain, Antique Linen and Tea Dye
Paper: "Ambrosia" by Basic Grey
Accessories: "D'vine Swirl" Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Hardware by We R Memory Keepers, Grey Velvet ribbon from Flourishes, Stampin' Sponges


Cuttlebug Luv Bug Weekend - Save the Date
Don't forget....we have a BIG weekend planned at Cuttlebug Challenges with our Luv Bug Weekend. The blog hop with start Friday morning at 7am EST. There will be tutorials and prizes all weekend so you won't want to miss out. I'll be doing a tutorial on Sunday morning for a Valentine's Coupon book for your sweetie!!!

Hugs,
Shannon

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Great card! :o)

Cindy said...

Great card! :o)

Mrs J said...

Shannon, this is so fun, love it! Love your distressing and the T-shirt is so cute!
Hope you enjoyed your birthday - sending you belated happy wishes!
Hugs Mrs Jx

laos348 said...

Nicely done - I like the distressed look.

Trudi said...

That tshirt stamp is so cute! I love what you did with the brick stamp, thanks for explaining it.

Karen said...

Shannon - that T-shirt stamp is so cool! I love your details and what a wonderful card!! Great take on the distress challenge!

Alison said...

This is brilliant, very effective.

Allison said...

fab card, the t shirt is so cool and so true
AllisonX

Sue Daly said...

Very cool card!!

Eva said...

What a cool card!

Ann said...

oh this is so much fun - I love it.

Ann xxx

..tina.. said...

HOW VERY TRUE!!! :) Great card, Shannon!

Donna said...

what an awesome card! love the bricks & distressing