Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

Cards 4 Kids Cards

I finished my first set of cards to send to Pat for Cards 4 Kids. I made a set of 10 cards using "Framed Friends" I left the images uncolored so the kids could color them in and add their own personal touch to the card before giving it to a friend or family member.
I originally was planning on doing a much simpler card without the embossing and just a ribbon, but I couldn't stop. The knotted ribbon didn't look right so I ended up going with a wider ribbon and a button with linen thread thru it. And I embossed the base with my Cuttlebug folder.

Since the base is dark, I added a sheet of printer paper to the inside so they could add their message.
Each card also has a matching envelope.

















Here's the back of the card....really I just wanted to show you the new stamp I bought. Remember the story of how my cousin's about jumped me for not putting my information on the back of my cards at Christmas? Well, I was using labels for awhile until I found a local shop in Plymouth, MI called The StampMaker and ordered this. I think my cousins will be happy. And I can leave room under it for my signature, so I can still hand sign each card.
Card Details
Stamps: "Framed Friends" by Asela Hopkins for Gina K Designs, Personalized stamp by The StampMaker
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Black button, linen thread, Riding Hood Red Grosgrain Ribbon, "Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Folder

Hugs,
Shannon

Oh, don't forget about my Blog Candy!!!!!


3 comments:

Cindy said...

These are really cute and I love the idea that you left them blank for the kids to color!

Becky said...

These are just adorable. I dislike to repeat what others say :) but what a great idea of letting the kids color them.

Jennifer Talley said...

I love these! What a great idea for having the kids color them!