Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Candy Jar

This is the famous candy jar that sits on my desk at work. I didn't have an opportunity to grab it and bring it home before the break, and no time to decorate it last night, so I did this tonight. The hearts are Cuttlebug dies out of felt. Yes, I got them 50% at Michael's. I picked up a bunch of new Cuttlebug Dies and Embossing Folders while I was there!!! I also picked up some felt this afternoon while I was at Joann's.....it was on the way back to the office from lunch. So, how did I do those hearts? Here's how.....first, I ran the pinks thru the Big Shot with the solid heart shape die. My sandwich was Multipurpose platform, Tab 1, Cutting plate, die, felt, cutting plate. Then I ran some white felt thru my Xyron with adhesive on the back/nothing on the front. I then ran that with the adhesive paper side up thru with the swirls die using the same sandwich as before. Here are the steps for attaching the swirls to the heart. One tip first.....work slowly and carefully!!!! The felt does stretch and rip.
Step One: Here is the heart after being cut with the swirl die.
Step Two: Carefully remove the paper backing from the swirl portion of the cutout working from the point to the swirls. Remove one side at a time being careful not to touch the exposed adhesive because it will stick to your fingers and is tough to get back off without stretching it.
Step Three: Here it is with the paper off the swirl portion.
Step Four: Take the whole thing and place it on top of the full heart cutout. Again, working from the point up, carefully pull away the center. Working one side at a time holding down the swirl as you go.
Step Five: The finished heart with swirl. How cute is that?
I attached them to the IKEA jar with Mini Glue Dots and added some buttons. Finished it off by adding some ribbon tied around the handle.
Details
Accessories: Hearts #1 Cuttlebug dies, craft felt, Whisper White and Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, pink and white buttons, mini glue dots
Hugs,
Shannon

1 comment:

Cassie said...

awesome! i didn't know felt could be used in the bug