Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Art Inspiring Art

Etsy Inspiration is always a challenge that's intrigued me. So, I decided to finally get my stamps inked up and play along. Since I get inspiration from so many places, why not. So, this card was created for the Etsy Inspiration Challenge #19. I used this photo as my inspiration. I created the background on Whisper White CS by sponging on different blues....starting with Pacific Point, then maybe a little Brilliant Blue, then Night of Navy and some Memento Tuxedo Black at the very edges. I added the waterhighlights with my Signo White rollerball pen. I created the sky by using post-it notes to mask off the different clouds and used the same blues.
I stamped the lighthouse image from SU!'s retired set "Coast to Coast" with black Staz-on. Then colored on the back using SU! colored pencils.
And since this set hasn't seen ink in far too long, it also qualifies for this week's Belli Challenge #50! Bonus!!!!
Details
Stamps: "Say it with Flowers" by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K. Designs, "Coast to Coast" retired Stampin' Up!
Ink: Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Brilliant Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black, Staz-On Black
Paper: CS weight vellum, Night of Navy, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Word Window punch, Vintage brads, colored pencils, spampin' sponges
Hugs,
Shannon

3 comments:

xiumaiyuki said...

What a beautiful image!!! Love the serenity feel of this card! Your coloring is fabulous!

Maria Matter said...

So Beautiful! Had a look at your blog and this one caught my eye! You have a lovely blog, Shannon!
Blessings, Maria

Sue Daly said...

This is awesome Shannon!! Thanks for playing in my challenge.