Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SCS Sketch Challenge 12-10

So, I'm a little behind on sketch challenges this week. I blame the Snowman Soups!!!! Either that or everything else that's going on this time of the year. Work was just crazy today and I needed to relax so I whipped up this card for this week's sketch challenge in about 5 mins. Seriously.....it was that quick. I picked up the top Basic Grey paper pack from my shelf, picked a printed paper from there and 2 coordinating solid colors and my neutral and went with it. The color scheme seemed kinda "manly" so I didn't want to over embellish it and just kept it simple. I even managed to add in the "friend to friend" sentiment at the bottom. I used my Cuttlebug folder on the base and rubbed a sponge with Chocolate Chip ink lightly over it to bring up the detail. And I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. And it was just the relaxing card I needed.....well that and the Captain's and Diet Coke sitting next to me. hee hee!!!!

Details
Stamps: "Pocket Silhouettes" by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Very Vanilla, PP by Basic Grey "archaic"
Accessories: Argyle Cuttlebug folder, 1-3/8" circle punch, 1-1/4" circle punch, stampin' sponges

7 comments:

Ann said...

Love the sponged look on the embossing--great masculine card! :D

Jackie said...

Your card is very nice! great job!!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

This turned out so well!

Loretta Rodger said...

Very -- very nice!

Jennie said...

Great card, love the layout!

Jackie said...

Your card is so gorgeous! Love it!

HeathersHobby said...

I *love* the argyle texture and distressing!