Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 6, 2008

PCP Sketch Challenge 12-06

OMG....take a look at what Melanie's cooked up for us this week for our sketch challenge.....how cute are those reindeer?!?!?!


Here's my version. It's a longer than normal card, as I had to get all those roses on there. And since Melanie is hosting this week, I figured I'd use one of her stamps sets. How perfect, huh?
So, this card isn't really my style, not into all the pink frilly roses and girly stuff, but I'm going to give it to my mom and it's her style.
I stamped the roses in Chocolate Chip ink. I tried with Basic Black first and it was just too harsh. The Chocolate Chip is perfect. Then I colored them with my Prismacolor Markers in Deco Pink and Magenta. Then I applied the Cotton Candy Stickles on the edges of the petals for a bit of bling. I stamped the image using my Stamp-a-ma-jig so I could get the placement right and it didn't end up crooked or something. I hate that!!!!



Details
Stamps: "A Year of Flowers" by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Bella Rose DSP by Stampin' Up!, Chocolate Chip, Pirouette Pink
Accessories: Pink Ribbon, Border Cuttlebug Folder - Frills, Cotton Candy Stickles, Pop Dots

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I love you made this longer card!

Donna said...

this is gorgeous! love the stickles on the rose petals

HeathersHobby said...

Very beautiful details on this card. Love the sparkle edges on the roses.

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card! love the colors and the cut out roses...greatjob!!!