Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 5, 2008

My Table Project

Remember this table? Which I loved for 2 reasons....it was my grandma's cutting table and it's deep!!!!! Like 36" or so deep! I loved the extra wide workspace. Only one slight problem.....it was on wheels, which meant it was always moving around on me. And because the ends weren't really supported having my color caddy on the back corner like I did for awhile make the whole thing really upstable. I almost collapsed it a few times. Yipes!!!! Well, this is what it looks like now!!!!! I had given up on using it and stuck it in the spare room and went out and bought a brand new table from IKEA. But wasn't thrilled with how "skinny" it was. I felt like all my stuff was right on top of me when I was working. Not anymore!!!!!!
I decided to take the top off the old cutting table and attach it to the new IKEA table.....best of both worlds!!! I get the stability I need and the extra depth I want.....OK and need too. I made a little trek to Lowe's after work today and picked up some L-brackets and some joiners and got to work. I joined the 3 pieces of the old table top together first. Then I flipped the IKEA table on top of it, and secured them together using the L-brackets. Attempted to flip it over and realized, it got REALLY heavy!!!!! But I managed. I've still got some muscle under this layer of winter insulation I guess. And now it's perfect!!! I'll have more pics tomorrow when I post my "before" and "after" pics of my room. I'm so excited that so many things are right within arms reach now. FABULOUS!!!!!
Have a great night,
Shan


1 comment:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Where there's a will, there's a woman who can make it! Very good adaptation of the table, now you have a strong functional table with room to work like before. Thanks for sharing.