Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 12, 2008

Just Because....

I was finally able to get around to checking out what I missed last night during Gina K's release party. I was just so exhaused after the trip all I wanted to do was collapse onto the couch and veg. We ended up ordering a pizza and watching Dark Knight....I fell asleep about half way thru. Just couldn't stay awake. So, anyhoo....Gina released a new set last night called "Take Flight". And it has 2 amazing butterflies! Well I was so inspired by all the beautiful cards made with the set that I dug deep, found "On Gossamer Wings" and created this card.....well, just because. I wanted to add some spakle and dimension to the butterfly image, so I used first the dazzling diamonds technique, then 2 layers of SU! Glassy Glaze. And while it was still alittle bit warm, I curled up the wings just slightly. I mounted it up on 2 mini dots on top of the same image that's stamped onto the pure luxury CS. I used Creamy Caramel around the Top Note Die to give it a bit of an antique effect. I think it still needs something in the corners, but I don't have any brown brads on hand, and the baubles seemed too big. I didn't want them competing with the butterfly. And since the outside was so pretty, I did the inside as well, which I rarely ever do.
Details
Stamps: On Gossamer Wings -- retired SU!, Baroque Motifs from Stampin' Up
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Paper: 120lb Pure Luxury CS, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Top Note die, Dazzling Diamonds EP, Glassy Glaze EP, Bashful Blue Grosgrain ribbon, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Prismacolor Markers; Indigo Blue, Sky Blue Light, Light Cerulean Blue

2 comments:

~ j said...

this is really lovely.

Kerry said...

This is so pretty! I love the soft blue and brown colors. The butterfly is so beautiful and delicate. Fabulous ribbon treatment and layout too!