Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 12, 2008

Gina K Challenge #2 - December


I've finally had the time to sit down and work on the challenges from Gina's release party last night. Theresa's challenge was to use paper for your embellishment. You had to use one of these techniques in a card, layout or 3-D item.

Piercing
Torn Paper
Scoring
Dry Embossing
Punching

As you can see from the card I choose pierching and piecing. I cut out each of the poinsettia images and layered them on top of stamped images. The center one has one extra layer. Each of the flowers is sculpted using the large ball of my empressor stylus. I added depth of each of the petals with my Prismacolor markers and sponging Pretty in Pink on the edges. The piercing on the oval was done free hand. I used the oval nestabilities to cut the oval for the sentiment. I put it all together then added some yellow Stickles to the center of the flower and cotton candy Stickles to the petals of the center flower. Then I decided to finish the inside as well using one of the extra flowers I had stamped. The green here is also pierced to match the front.

Details
Stamps: "A Year of Flowers" by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K. Designs, "Seasonal Sayings" by Gina K. Designs
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive
Paper: White CS, Sugared PP by Basic Grey
Accessories: Yellow and Cotton Candy Stickles, Mini Pop Dots

5 comments:

alohatammi said...

Great card for the challenge! It's very pretty.

Michelle said...

Oooh you did gooooood! I like your card a LOT! I bet it will be hard to let go of! TFS!

Enfys said...

How pretty is this? Love it.

Jackie said...

This is beautiful and I LOVE all the cut out flowers!!!!

beutifulfamily said...

A beautiful card! Even the inside is wonderful.