Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thank you for trees - Sketch Challenge

I created this card for the sketch challenge SK112208 over at PCP. It's not exactly what I had in mind starting out, but I think I like where I ended up even better. I think there was some inspiration coming from Gina's post from yesterday still rolling around in my brain.



Details
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Sentiment is from Inkadinkado
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark Dazzle Champagne
Paper: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder, Oval Nestabilities


This is how things started out. I looked at the sketch and tried to figure out where I wanted to go with it. I was originally thinking of doing some sort of holiday card and I just gravitated toward my "go to" set Lovely as a Tree by Stampin' Up! Then I thought I'd give the trees some sparkle and pulled out this Versamark ink I found at Archiver's. It's called Dazzle and it has sparkles in it!!!! How sweet is that? No mess!!!!! And the right light really sets those sparkles going. I thought it would be perfect for this card. Just the right amount of sparkle that I was looking for.

I crinkled up the More Mustand layer and split it open to give it that fuzzy suede look. I ran the Riding Hood Red layer thru my Big Shot with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. Then swiped Chocolate Chip ink over the raised dots, and then the Versamark Dazzle over that. Put it all together and called it done. I created the center focal point with the largest oval Nestabilities I have. I cut one in Chocolate Chip and another in Whisper White. Then I trimed the embossed portion from the white so I'd have a perfect chocolate border. I inked up my stamp first with the Versamark Dazzle, then in Chocolate Chip to stamp the trees. What do you think?


No comments: