Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rubber and Blogging!

Well I finally did it.....I managed to get my Just So Sporty set from Gina K. Designs cut apart this morning. Thanks goodness for SU!'s Craft and Rubber Scissors!!! 64 tiny images is alot of cut apart. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the set.....so many different ideas are running thru my head right now. Might not be a good thing..... And I did this all while checking out some of my favorite blogs this morning! Unfortunatly now my laundry is calling me....it says either wash me or I will continue to ooze out of your closet and attack you in the middle of the night. And the pile has grown into 2 piles now....like it's flanking me!!! SCARY!!

And I had to go and open my mouth....I suggested doing a one layer card for our next One Stamp Ahead meeting. Thinking of only using a single piece of cardstock, no layering, but that embellishments would still be allowed. Well my upline went and uped the challenge.....no embellishments. The challenge is now to design something that could be used as a postcard....no ribbon, fibers, brads, etc....nothing that would add dimension to the card. I've had a hard time trying to figure out what to do....oh, it has to be a Christmas card too. I'm trying to use one of my new sets and not go back to my handy dandy ol' faithful Lovely As A Tree. And it's proving much more difficult than I expected. Nothing I come up with in my mind is turning out right on paper. And I'm not sure our Whisper White is really heavy enough to be considered a postcard....seems too flimsy to me. I don't know....here is what I'm leaning toward right now. What do you think?
I used SU! Whisper White CS, then stamped the Bashful Blue snowflakes. The silver is Encore Ink and embossed with detail clear, and there are also Versamarked snowflakes that are clear embossed....just a bit hard to see in the picture. The sentiment is stamped in Bashful Blue. So, what do you think? Does it have enough WOW factor for a team swap?


5 comments:

Lorraine said...

love this card. you did a wonderful job creating a fantastic one layer card. sometimes you just don't need any embellishments! this is perfect!

Kerry said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the colors and simple elegance of it!

~ j said...

beautiful!

Stephanie said...

This card is beautiful, I love the soft colors!!!

paulssandy said...

Oh NO! I thing someone should send in the calvary to protect you from the evil laundry, LOL. I sure laughed reading about your being flanked!

This card is absolutely fantastic! I love the color combination you chose, blue and silver is my favorite Christmas combo!

The WW is kind of thin, but will make it through the mail. I have received advertisement postcards made out of the same weight paper.

To help support it, you could emboss all the flakes with the clear embossing powder if you feel it would help in mailing it.

Your upline sounds like a meanie, LOL. No embellishments, YIKES! I think my brain would freeze if I tried this challenge, LOL
SandyO
www.papertransformer.com